Tracking / Logistics
1. How do I get the production number?
-From your dealer at the time of order or MINI will send you an email with one
2. Where can I check the status of my MINI?
-MINI Owner's Lounge site / Call 1-866-Ask-MINI / Your 'MA' at the dealer can also tell you.
3. Where is MINI Countryman manufactured?
-Magna Steyr Plant (Factory) in Graz, Austria
4. What port does MINI Countryman leave from to US?
-Port of Bremerhaven, Germany
5. What port does the MINI Countryman arrive in US?
-Many ports depending on location. New York (actually New Jersey), Baltimore, Charleston, Brunswick, Galveston, Port Hueneme, Tacoma.
6. How long does it take to build a MINI Countryman?
-It usually takes up to a week from start to finish.
7. How many days does it take for MINI Countryman to travel from factory to Bremerhaven?
-It takes anywhere between 3-6 days to get to the port lot.
8. How long does MINI Countryman sit at the port then?
-Depends on the carrier vessel schedule. Anywhere from 1-3 days to over a week!
Ordering / Buying / Leasing
1. Can you factory order a MINI Countryman if I am leasing one?
-Yes! Most definitely!
2. How much should I pay for a MINI Countryman? MSRP? Over? Under?
-As of April 26, 2011, the transaction and purchase price of MINI Countryman seem to differ by the region of the country. Some region where there are one or only a few dealers, negotiating a deal is unlikely. However, places like Floria/New York/New Jersey metro and So. California where there are quite a handful of dealers to choose from, it's been reported (and from my own experience) you can certainly negotiate a deal below MSRP. Details of this will be covered in upcoming post soon.
Rent a MINI Countryman
1. Where can I rent a MINI Countryman? (Southern California only)
_MIDWAY Car Rental (Only have Cooper Countryman) - Various locations. Santa Monica, West LA, N. Hollywood, etc
Call 1 800 824 5260
_Black & White Car Rental (Have both Cooper and Cooper S Countryman) - Beverly Hills
Call 1 310 274 1144
Black & White site
1. When would Rear Bench seat option be available in US?
-Starting September 2011 (Official) You will most likely start seeing the option in the order sheet same time
2. Can I convert my rear bucket seats to bench seats?
-I don't know why you will want to do so, but if you are willing to write a phat check, I am sure it is possible as all you have to do is replaces lots of parts.
1. What is the chassis number for MINI Countryman?
2. What is the fuel tank capacity of MINI Countryman?
- 12.4 gallons
3. What is the minimum AKI rating?
- Premium 89
4. What is recommended AKI rating?
- Super Premium 91 and above